Social Networking in Ministry
Henderson Hills Baptist Church
1. Why Should you be involved in social networking?
- Relationships with other like minded people
- Working in the Church can be lonely
- Get me out of the building without having to leave
2. Open the flow… allow for the the ability to have connections
- Be open to take a risk to have community formed online.
- Be willing to move away from the business and move towards the ministry aspects.
3. Empower the Church
- Our role is to empower the church
- There is value in appearing to be current with technology for those outside the church.
4. Maximize the Technology
- Move from “Old” to “New”
5. Become the Church “Geek Squad”
- Use your Skilz
- Share the Info
- Help Student Ministry provide training for “Do’s and Don’ts” for social networking for Children and parents
6. Become the Catalyst
- Help others on your ministry team maximize social networks
- You are more than a repairman
- Partnering with vendors to incorporate social networking with ministry
- Don’t stay in your office
- Be an influencer