This post is part one of our MS Lync Deployment.
Preparing for Deployment – Research and Education and Pricing
Deployment of Standard Server & Director Role
Deployment of Edge and Reverse Proxy
Deployment of Lync Voice Capabilities
Configuring Lync PSTN Calling thru Avaya IPOffice
Configure Lync 4 Digit Extension Dialing without DIDs
Configure Asterisk as a SIP Proxy for Avaya IPO and and Lync
Deployment of Lync Client to users
Testing Configuration of Backup Registrar
A significant project in the past several months has been researching and preparing to deploy a organization wide instant messaging/presence and video conferencing solution. The need for such a solution has increased primarily because of our launch of a campus in Galesburg. While we are still only in the preparation stages of this campus opening, already we have seen the need for better connectivity between staff in two physical locations helping us define the list of requirements for this project.
- Provide a toolset that allows intercampus communications via Instant Messaging, Video and Voice.
- A product that is standardized and has enterprise level support.
- A product that can be centrally managed and deployed across the organization
- A product that fits in budget.
- A product that can interact with various platforms both OS and Communications Platform (primarily IM)
- A product that can cohabitate with or eventually replace our Avaya IPOffice PBX
- A product that can work with Analog POTS Lines, PRI Services and SIP Trunks
- A tool that allows for staff connectivity (Voice/Video & IM) anywhere there is a internet connection.