Brad Sheriff – VP of Brand Technology Sonic Drive In
Driving Innovation and Relevance
How to solve altitude sickness: Cherry Lime-Aid and Ice-Cream Sunday
Sonic Drive In is in 44 of 50 states
What does Innovation look like? Who is the most innovative person? Jerry Seinfeld – because he sees what the rest of us overlook and ignore WWJD (What Would Jerry Do)
How Does Innovation lead to technology:
- Innovation breads directed activity and action
- Innovation creates positive energy
- Innovation leads to improvement
- Fail your way to success
How Sonic Tech Works
> Project Management (Idea Gathering, Prioritization) >
> System Dev – Developers
> Infrastructure – Data Center, Business Continuity, LAN/WAN
> Implementation and Training
– You can build anything you want, but you have to train people how to use it or the technology is useless
> Customer Service – Taking the time from learn from the experience that you ‘customer’ has.Technology is not a perfect science, you have to be focused on the users.
You have to be deliberate about structure and process.
- Results Oriented departments get the $$ –
- If everyone understands how IT works they will include you in the decisions
- Perception Rules with the lack of hard facts
- Manage the expectations of your “customers”, there is always more good ideas than there is time.
- Who defines where your organization is going technically?
- Can your senior leadership tell you what your technical strategy in 30 words or less?
– Can your staff?
Results – How/When do we Win?
- what is success?
Know your customers
Get out More
Create a culture of Reinvestment/Return
Change the way you see the world
WWSD (What would Seinfeld Do?)